Thursday 2 May 2013

Brisbane - Singapore

All boarded and we took off on time. Just after take off we were given hot towels to refresh ourselves - prefood clean up it turns out. We don't seem to stop eating or drinking!

First up was a choice of beverages - wine ( red or white ), juice or tea/coffee - and a couple of packets of peanuts. No allergies on this flight! (thank goodness)
It seemed that the snack had just been cleaned up when there was another drinks run - could have been two I was fiddling with the sound. The drinks runs are pretty regular.

Next up, only a couple of hours in, was lunch or dinner or something.
Appetiser: Waldorf salad with chicken
Main - either an asian fish/vege/rice dish or beef paprika with garlic mash beans and carrots
Bread roll and butter
Dessert: A Weis mango and cream bar
Cheese and biccies, Coffee
and a choice of beverages yet again.
I opted for the beef which was nice but a little bland. I guess they have to cater for all tastes.

After dinner, half the plane need to use the loos. WHen my seating companion got up I used the opportunity to grab ear plugs and charger/cord for the mobile out of my bag. I thought I had better use the loo too rather than disturb him later. OK, yep they are tiny. Next time I will opt for the special access one!

We are currently somewhere over the middle of Australia. It definitely is the red centre. Interesting the patterns of the dunes or whatever they are. Long lines with sometimes a little greenery in the hollows. I would take piccie but the last time I tried through a plane window it didn't work.

Disaster has struck in the sound department. My seat connection audio doesn't seem to work. So no music no TV no movies for me :(. THe new Sennheiser sound cancelling earphones do cancel the drone of the engines - sort of a different timbre.

Later we had more peanuts, a 'snack' of a beef curry pie, endless drinks runs. The girl
in front of me must be a bit sozzled. I think she had a red on every drink run.

As we flew over Timor Sea I looked for boats but couldn't see anything except a flock of fluffy white clouds.


In Singapore:

I tried to stay awake till Singapore so I can sleep on the London flight but ended up dozing off for a little while.
Changi airport is HUGE! Of course my plane came in at one end of Terminal 3 and my flight out is at the other end. Took a while to walk to the centre. Then I grabbed a shower for 8 Singapore dollars. Nice! It is about 28C here .Currently relaxing with an iced chocolate. I have about an hour before I have to check into the flight to London.



No comments:

Post a Comment